Monday 9 January 2012

Christmas/Birthday thank you

I am currently attempting to get my biggest girl to write her thank you letters for her birthday (just before Christmas) and Christmas presents.  It feels like I'm banging my head against the wall.  We have 17 more to write and even when I can get her to sit down at the table with the strawberry pen I bought her to bribe her into writing them, can I get her to focus?  Can I bugger! 

It would be so much quicker to do it myself, but I want to instill good manners in my children (and she can write now so there is no excuse for her not to do it herself).  But oh my god, she is driving me mad!!!
On top of which I am being hassled by my mother for letters not written yet to her friends.  Can she not remember what it was like when we were children?  I know I was terrible at writing my thank yous....Oh

PS If you are reading this and you are a friend or family member thank you for the presents, this will reach you much quicker than the scrawled note from my girl x

No comments:

Post a Comment