Monday 2 January 2012

Happy New Year

So, here we all are in 2012 - as Mr DOMADQ pointed out only 3 years away from 'Back to the Future' (am still waiting for the hover boards & flying cars).  This New Years Eve we spent with some very good friends of ours.  A quiet night in which involved a bit of shouting at small people to go to bed, chicken fajitas, a board game (a bit of cheating from Mr D) and ALOT of alcohol.

Tamer than years gone by but still left me jaded yesterday morning - not from hangover (Champagne's amazing, not even the suggestion of a headache despite the quantity that I drank) but from going to bed post 1am.  I really am getting too old for this.  Gone are the days of being up all night, drinking and dancing - at one point we had to occupy ourselves with another game of 'Articulate' to prevent any of us from nodding off before 'the bells'.  Yesterday afternoon post sugary tea & bacon sarnies I was only fit to watch Cinderella for the millionth time with my girlies and sew a sock monkey - Yes, sock monkey madness has begun again.

So, hello 2012, what are you going to bring for us?  Bracing ourselves for the forecasted 'double dip' - although you would never have guessed we were teetering on the edge of economic abyss with those New Year fireworks along the Thames; which were amazingly beautiful but I could just see fivers being set fire to seeing as we're not supposed to have a pot to piss in. 

So is this the year I actually crack on & start writing my book?  Not sure if I want to make resolutions this year as they seemed destined to be broken but maybe I should make a 'TO DO' list instead:

1.  A month of detox - think my liver would appreciate some time off after December's excesses.

2. So I guess if I'm not drinking I should probably make sure I am eating better too (not a diet as diets make me want to eat)

3.  Exercise (naturally goes with 1 & 2...)

4. Less shouting more laughing with my children (I think this should probably come higher up the list but it's not in order of priority)

5. More time for me (this should assist with no 4)

6.  Carry on writing / do my homework / blog more

7.  Sell the stock of sock monkeys I have made / have started to make again.  I don't know if it's just because January is a horrible month; anti climatic after Christmas, weather is rotten, too long to wait till payday so many many nights in in front of the TV (at least Sherlock's back) but I have been searching for a new 'crafting' project (might also be the gorgeous sewing box I got for Christmas from Mr D) and stumbled on several half made sock monkeys which I am now finishing.


(experimenting with sewn on eyes after consulting the gorgeous book I got from my Xmas blog swap)

 'And who is that one for?' my mother enquired, 'Oh, you know, it's just another one I've made' (this is getting ridiculous!)


You think THAT's ridiculous I also started branching out & made a prototype bunny too!




Roll on February.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I love bunny - the stripe is perfectly placed to suggest whiskers. Does (s)he have a tail?

    Finally posted my take on resolutions...it's a lot easier to laugh at other people's than to write your own...

    ReplyDelete
  2. why thank you. Yes bunny does have a tail although I forgot to take a photo before giving it away to a small child, will endeavour to get a photo, even if it's just to remind me how to do it!
    Loved your post on resolutions, the one about getting an ice cream from a truck made me snort out loud - some people need to get out more...

    ReplyDelete