Saturday 7 January 2012

Twiharder


My lovely friend has lent me the last instalment of the Twilight saga to read.  This is exciting, not because it is fantastic literature but it makes my nearing middle aged heart (if you don't mind Mr D) beat a little faster and you know, I'm a completest, I need to know what happens in the Bella/Edward/Jacob love triangle. 

This is made all the more thrilling as I am going away for 2 whole nights next week ON MY OWN! (this means I have already ticked off some of my 'to do' list  as this definitely counts as 'time for me', although lets just skirt over the fact I will undoubtedly be scoring out the 'not drinking for a month' with big black marker whilst I'm away) 

I cannot even begin to explain how excited I am at the prospect of it.  The day in between will be occupied with a university Alumni /networking/drinking thing which in itself will be good fun and means I can catch up with some old friends, but on top of that I will have 2 train journeys unpunctuated by small girls needing attention / the toilet / snacks / entertainment in which I can try & work my way through the mammoth tome and without Mr D bemusement at exactly why I would want to read a 'teenager's book'.  The thing is, he didn't seem to mind me reading Harry Potter, in actual fact actively encouraged it, he brought me many of the series.  And so I can only put his dislike of Stephanie Meyers books down to Robert Pattinson (from the films obviously).  I suspect he feels the same way about RPattz as Jack Whitehall does. 

So excited am I about even the train journey, I have mapped it out in my head.  Alongside reading I plan some writing, listening to music and I fear I may even turn into one of those people that cracks open a can of G&T on the train (have always wondered who those people were).


(As an aside, my mother saw the book in my kitchen yesterday and declared 'It doesn't appeal to me!' which made me roar with laughter.  It's bad enough that I could be RPattz *cough* older sister, but his aunt taking a shine to him?  Well that's just icky!)

2 comments:

  1. See, this is the joy of the kindle, you can pretend you're half way through Voltaire when in fact you're reading your favourite Sookie/Eric interaction in 'Dead to the World' for the nth time.

    Oh, did I type that out loud? Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! a Kindle is sounding more and more appealing!

    ReplyDelete