Thursday 19 January 2012

Somewhere over the rainbow...




Today was horrible, I got caught in the rain this morning when taking my girls to school (why does it always rain during the school run?).  I can feel the beginning of a cold, I am vaguely headachey and cold.  I was planning a relaxing post school afternoon cooking a proper dinner for tonight (my kids are getting fed up of pasta & my husband could do with the vegetables) and perusing the internet....

But oh bugger it's Thursday and Thursdays = Rainbows

Grrrrr.  To be completely honest I am a fair weather Rainbow's person.  I don't know why I feel this way about this after school activity (I suggested she join in the first place) but I wholeheartedly detest it in the winter.  Well maybe I do know why, it's winter.  It's cold.  It's wet.  I have to occupy my youngest child, usually at the library* whilst Girl 1 is off fashioning necklaces out of pasta or having skipping races or whatever, and that is a tough job in itself.  To describe Girl 2 as 'a monkey' (as I often do) is an understatement, she is 'spirited' (something that I applaud generally) but I just don't have the strength today.

I ask my big girl if she really wants to go to Rainbows tonight.  'Yes' she replies.  'Oh' I respond 'I could really do without it, Mummy doesn't feel very well'.  And then my gorgeous girl replies 'It's OK Mama, I'll skip it this week and you can hibernate'.  My girl is so kind & thoughtful and now I feel like a right old meanie.  'Are you sure?  I'll take you if you want to go...'.  'No it's OK Mama, I'll go next week'.  LOVE. THIS. CHILD. 

Shepherds pie & blogging it is then ;)

*for library think racing around the book shelves, hiding, removing shoes and/or other items of clothing, using the toilets several times, 'doing her work' on the computers and generally making lots of noise

1 comment:

  1. That's so lovely - what a very kind hearted little princess you have there.

    CJ x

    ReplyDelete