Wednesday 27 March 2013

Goodbye




Today has been really sad for me.  I had to say goodbye (for now) to my lovely friend Lakota who is moving 60 odd miles away tomorrow.  

I have known her for 8 years & for the past 5 our youngest offspring have been inseparable.  My smallest girl maintained that she was going to marry her son for a long time (although she has now moved on to make 'goo goo eyes' at a different boy in her class).

Any one who reads her blog Faith Hope & Charity Shopping will know how funny & clever & bright she is.  I will really miss her & her sage words of wisdom & listening ears when I carp on about my shit.  She inspired me to start blogging.  And her pithy assessment of things (& people) have me in fits. 

I have been a bit of a soggy mess the past few days.  I could barely speak to her about it before today.  I set several other friends off at school today (& got a hug from my daughter's teacher).  My biggest girl comforted me earlier & my smallest drew me a memory book of things we've done together (like having 'coffy' & 'dinur')

I know, I know it's not the other end of the world & that we will still see each other (a hour or so on the train or quicker if we meet in the middle in London).  I'm really pleased for her & her family as the process of moving has been arduous & they'll be where they want. But for me I am sad.

3 comments:

  1. How did I never see this post at the time??
    Mwah lovely girl X
    We need a meet up soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Xxx I would love that.
    I guess the only consolation is that unfortunately you do still listen to me carp on about my shit but usually via the medium of text or messenger. Funny, I reread this post and cried remembering how sad I felt.

    Let's get together soon xxx

    ReplyDelete