Wednesday 6 March 2013

Claims to fame part 2

So on thinking about my previous post about famous people I've encountered I realised that I have missed a few so here is part 2 of my shameless bragging (although to be honest it isn't meant that way - celebrity does not impress me much).

1. Matthew Vaughn & Claudia Schiffer checking in at LAX (they were going 1st class, we were going coach)

2.  Billy Connolly sat 3 seats along from me at a screening of a David Thewlis film during a London Film Festival

3. David Thewlis was also sitting there in the dark.

4. A sparkly suited Ben Elton followed me down a corridor.

5. Len Goodman chirped 'Good evening ladies' at me & a group of friends gate crashing Strictly Come Dancing drinks

6. Scott Maslen (Jack Branning from Eastenders - you know, the one who buggered up his lines in the live episode) posed for a photo with me & my friends at said Strictly Come Dancing drinks we crashed.  I seriously didn't want to be in the picture.  As the photo was taken he squeezed my shoulder & I physically cringed.  (I have photographic evidence.) 

7. I rode Victoria Alcock's horse when I was 10 (she is an actress who has been in Eastenders twice, The House of Elliott & was one of the Julie's in Bad Girls)

8. I was made to drink beer with Eric Knowles

9. I made sandwiches & squash for Johnny Ball

10.  Kerry Katona leaned into an office I was working in & said 'Hiya girls'

11.  I shook Paul Gambocini's hand (he had his eyes shut)

12.  At the National Theatre Brian Blessed queued behind me (he was holding a plastic bag)

13. Floella Benjamin gave me advice about marriage before I got married (never go to bed on an argument)

14. I took phone messages from Ainsley Harriet & Laurence Llewelyn Bowen

15. I talked animatedly with writer Tim Moore (after several lunchtime glasses of red wine) about Footballers Wives & Hollyoaks.

16. I saw Katie Price across a hotel foyer (v orange)

17. Said hello to Peter Andre who is incredibly handsome in real life way more than he appears on tv.

18. Saw Chris Evans across a pub in Belsize Park back in the day.  He was wearing sunglasses indoors.

19. Saw Ant or Dec in the ITV canteen

20.  Went to school with the 2nd girl to play Sam in Eastenders.

2 comments:

  1. 'hem. I believe you're forgetting your close friendship with THE face of 'Twinkle - the picture paper for little girls' circa 1980.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bad.

      21. I am good friends with THE face of Twinkle circa 1980

      Delete