Thursday 21 March 2013

My life is like Eastenders...


...well what I mean is there are so many moments I can think of when I have expected the duff duff drums & the theme tune to start



There are things that have happened in my life that if I share with other people I have to fight the urge to add the myself (but maybe that's the drama queen in me).  
 
My life is fairly dramatic but not quite as dramatic as this...



there was once a 'he's not my father' (but that's another story).

This past few weeks I have kind of had my fill of drama.  My mum has had a cancerous lump removed from her breast & today embarked on a course of chemo.  The thought of this all has filled me with dread as I know how hard it is going to be for her & how little I can do to help.  Seeing her being unwell is going to be hard, if she is unwell, if she reacts to the medication, who knows?  More waiting to see I guess. 

She's been amazing though.  She went to get her hair done last week as she wanted it to look good before starting the treatment, and she's already planning a spray tan to give a nice bit of colour.  She reassured me the other day that it'll be OK, we'll get through this, which was too topsy turvy for words. I should be the one comforting her but I'm a bit lost for words at the moment, yes a chatterbox like me, I'm grasping for the right thing to say.  I know we will get through this, we're strong.  We have to.

I kind of wish my life was like Eastenders.  I'd really like someone to shout 'cut' and to be able to have a break from it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment