Friday 31 August 2012

Teetering on the edge of my 30s

Come tomorrow I'll be entering my final year of my 30's.  Yep the big FOUR 0 is looming on the horizon.  I know, I know it's only a number but bugger me I'm feeling kind of old.  Where the bloomin heck did my 30's go I wonder? 

Thinking about it I suppose the majority of them fell into the black hole that is parenthood...

I loved turning 30, I felt like my confidence grew.  Once I was 30 I didn't mind sitting alone in a cafe, no longer 'Billy No Mates' just someone enjoying some time alone (I enjoy it even more now I have children, it's such a luxury to sit in peace drinking coffee whilst it's still hot!).  I wonder what the next decade will bring?

But 40 sounds so grown up and I'm just not ready to be a grown up yet. I want to go out dancing, drink, laugh loudly. I want to stay out till late and act my shoe size not my age. I want to please myself and feel free. At least until morning.

I have to make this year count.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still in denial of being a 30 somehing..I honestly have to work out how old I am from what year it is..pretty sad! In my head I'm still 26...(not so)strangely this was the year I had kids..and life as I knew it ended and a whole new crazy one began! ps don't ever be a grown up..it really looks like it sucks ;)

    ReplyDelete