Saturday 3 December 2011

School fayre

Christmas fayre at girls 1 & 2's school today.  I feel I deserve a T shirt with 'I Survived the School Christmas Fayre' on it (instead I have a rather fetching tomato red one with the Friends of..... logo on it for the PTA).  Ah, the PTA, it seemed such a good idea when I volunteered to join but the politics of it is incredible and makes me feel like I'm back at school myself (rather then being a 38 year old woman), but that in itself is a whole other post.

I spend several hours lugging boxes / setting up this morning.  Then 3 mad hours manning a game involving buttons and accidently breaking a bottle of wine intended as a grown up prize - embarrassed moi? (my face was a red as my T-shirt).  Then another hour lugging boxes and tidying. 

I am now fit for nothing but a glass of wine and mind rotting TV.  (ah and Mr DOMADQ is out tonight so I will get to do just that without 'Urgh, we're NOT watching THIS are we?!').

X Factor here I come.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain! Our school fayre was on friday, i only lasted about half an hour before dragging both the kids out, covered in chocoate cake and deperately trying to touch everything on the stalls...agggh They are such a nice idea in theory but it will be a few years yet before I can actually relax a bit with my little crazies! oh and I'm avoidina voluteering for any PTA stuff after a not so good experience at on the playschool committee...yuk I resigned in the end...never again! enjoy your evening of X factor xx

    ReplyDelete