Thursday 8 December 2011

I think therefore I write...

I joined a writing group yesterday and am so glad I did. 

I'll let you in on a little secret, I want to write, you know, properly for a job and everything.  But I find it hard to find the words (which if you know me will know how ironic that is being that I rarely stop talking). I doubt I have anything of worth to say. 

So yesterday, in my favourite coffee shop I sat with my teacher/mentor/new friend? and began.  It being a new group I was the only member (thus far) but that was good because I am still pretty shy about writing and reading my words aloud, along with critiquing others work.

I was really nervous before it started but there, sat sipping gingerbread lattes we began.  And I wrote!  I wrote several things on demand, for 10 minutes at a time.  And although I am not entirely sure if what I did write was any good really I have a glimmer of hope that my pipe dream could in fact become a reality..

2 comments:

  1. brilliant, sounds like a new beginning, its always very strange to "reveal" yourself to someone else as any creative output is so personal. It just takes time and practice to become confident in what you do, I wish you well on your journey. and...I got your parcel today THANKYOU so much!! I have just eaten way too many of the truffles...as you will see by the photo..ahem...theres a few left! LOVE the paper and the ring is fabulous! The lovely wreath is adorning the door to my sewing room, is actually the first decoration to go up in the house so far! I'm just writing a post on it now, but thankyou xxx Cant wait to get yours in the post! HA! I'm nearly done...honest (apologies for my last minute styley...its an unfortunate trait!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a parcel making its way to you...I posted it yesterday so hopefully you'll get it soon!

    ReplyDelete