Monday 10 December 2012

He knows when you are sleeping, he knows when you're awake...

I've been a bit quiet lately, which really is not like me.  



Life is hectic at the moment what with work, kids, singleparenthood (in the week) let alone Christmas.  My smallest girl has been testing me (to say the least) over the past fortnightI'm not sure if it's the change in our circumstances or just the time of year (I  call it endoftermitis as behavior always seemed to deteriorate as holidays loomed - it was like their way of saying enough already, I'm tired!).

Anyhoo her behavior has been shockingShouting, screaming, pinching, name calling.  I have tried to point out that Father Christmas IS watching and how tragic it would be if at this late stage of the year she was to accidentally slip onto the naughty list.  As we point out every year Daddy once knew of someone who ended up on the naughty list and got nothing.  How sad.
I'm not convinced this approach is working with my girl.  She's grumpy & the thought of no presents seems to add fuel to the fire.

So I resorted to using the Portable North Pole.  I know, I know I'm coming late to the party but how great is it?!





 So by adding in just a few details & uploading a picture my girls got messages from Santa (watched separately obviously as my eagle eyed girls would surely notice that they are pretty much the same)It seemed to sprinkle a bit more magic into the air.  Having Father Christmas tell you that you are on the good list but you have to try a bit harder (for girl 2) may just help to sway things over the next few weeks (fingers crossed).

Obviously my smallest girl watched it & immediately asked 'Was that real?' (to which the immediate response was 'Of course').  

My bigger girl who is almost 8 & rapidly approaching the time where she'll no longer believe (she's already told me of people in her class who don't, whereby she incredulously replied 'Do you really think your Mum & Dad could afford the expensive things Father Christmas brings?!').  The seeds of doubt are definitely there though.  Whilst talking about what we'll be leaving out on Christmas Eve (shortbread in this house as Father Christmas doesn't like Mince Pies - Mrs Christmas does though)

Biggest girl - I think we should leave 2 bits out this year
Me - Really?
Biggest girl - Yes one for Mrs Christmas too

Love her.

1 comment:

  1. aww! I know exactly what you mean about the kids , mine are going a bit evil/loopy too! Tantrums gallore at the moment. I nearly had a nervous breakdown last week when Mya wouldn't put her tights on and flew into a crazed tantrum (her not me!)Only 2 weeks to go then its the crazy ass holidays! Take care x

    ReplyDelete