Friday 21 September 2012

Diary of a youngish drama queen

Hoorah, hooray it's official I am not old.  I may be nudging 40 but that isn't middle aged or even past middle aged according to a survey you're not middle aged until your 55.  Of course Mr DOMADQ scoffed "Does that mean you're meant to live until you're 110 then?!"  But he's missing the point, middle aged is a state of mind.  I generally don't feel old (despite being told on a regular basis that "we are no longer young").

OK, OK there are days where I do feel older, like my back aches or I'm just knackered; long gone are the days where I could pull an all nighter & still get up for lectures the next morning, but generally I still feel about 22 in my head and I intend to stay that way for a long time.

3 comments:

  1. This is what I've always said! As usual the broadsheets take a while to catch up with me ;-)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you via Crystal Jigsaw, and just had to check out who was the middle aged drama queen :) Clearly you are not nearly as middle aged as me (50), but apparently I have 5 years to go to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, like I say Middle Aged is a state of mind. I'm not planning to visit there for a long time yet! x

    ReplyDelete