Tuesday 1 May 2012

Let them drink Bolly

When I got married a friend of my shiny new husband gave us a bottle of fancy pants champagne and 2 glasses.  Cool present we thought (it took us ages to work out who it was from as he had omitted to put a label on it).


I love Champagne, so grown up and yet the bubbles give it a slightly childlike, giddy quality (or is that just me?).

 Not wanting to 'waste' a bottle of Bollinger we held onto it for a 'special occassion'. For some reason our marriage was discounted as such a special occasion and we opened different bottles when both our children were born.  One of the glasses was broken years ago but the bottle has sat, at the back of the cupboard gathering dust.

Anyone who knows me will know that 'saving things for best' is simply not me.  Unlike my mum who is from a generation where you do save new things for a special occassion I am of the option of whats the point of having things if you're not going to use them?  You could get hit by a bus tomorrow, live for now.

Almost 10 years on from receiving the bottle it now seems like we have built it up too much, what would be 'special' enough to get us to open it?

Mr DOMADQ fears he might lose his job, I mused maybe we open it if/when that happens to signify a new beginning (he HATES his job, something that is mentioned on an almost daily basis and so I think maybe it would be something to be celebrated) or our looming 10 year anniversary might be the occasion...

Having waited so long to crack it open will it live up to expectations?



I'm gasping for a drink

3 comments:

  1. Now it's vintage! Crack it open for your anniversary or if the job thing happens first open it then - you never know, start hinting now and you might get a new bottle for the decade of marriage. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks as though the job loss may come faster than the anniversary - watch this space x

      Delete
  2. Drink drink drink!!! I'd just have it when the mood takes you...You've waited long enough! xxx

    ReplyDelete