Tuesday 22 May 2012

First dance

I power walked to work this morning (who am I kidding? I ambled) plugged into the iPod & stumbled across an album I hadn't listened to for ages.

Songs from Northern Britain by Teenage Fanclub.  So beautifully melodic and so so Scottish (have always been partial to that accent).  I suddenly remembered that I had wanted one of their songs for the first dance at my wedding.  I reminded Mr DOMADQ & he said 'Oh yeah, I love that song'.  So why didn't we have it? 





I guess it might have been vetoed by my mother (I know she turned her nose up at One by U2 as no-one would know it!).  It was nearly 10 years ago but I do remember it took a while to decide the song, almost as important as the dress, we had to have the right song.  It had to be something that we loved, that would stand the test of time ie nothing to of the moment and most importantly something we could actually dance to...

Songs from the shortlist included

Teenage Fanclub as mentioned before.  I think 10 years deserves a party, this song will definitely feature on the play list if we do have one.

One by U2 -who? ;)





Let's Get it On by Marvin Gaye as we decided we wouldn't dance decently to it in front of my grandparents






Flowers in the Window by Travis - dismissed by Mr D as dirge, I think it's really uplifting.  And I love the words, listen to them, go on, they're lovely.





So, what was the first dance?  Well in the end we chose the first 3 songs & danced to all of them together.  As per usual it is eclectic but I think it kind of summed us up.


1.  The Look of Love by Dusty Springfield






2. The Female of the Species by Space






3. Daytripper by The Beatles



No comments:

Post a Comment