Tuesday 18 October 2011

You're my obsession....

I was chatting with my mother yesterday who declared, that me & my sister B both 'have quite obsessive personalities'. 

OBJECTION! 

I can see it in my sister who has just purchased a 3rd outfit from ebay for a wedding at the weekend and is fixated by the Slimming World diet, just 2 of her current obsessions.  When we were younger she became fixated on the whole MADchester scene & would be 'listen to this, listen to this' all the time.  Me, being a whole hearted irritated by it all declared I hated it & wouldn't listen (despite secretly quite liking The Happy Mondays).

I'm NOTHING like that I argued (whilst sorting through my sewing bag), and happened upon the 13 odd sock monkeys I sewed earlier this year - erm....I should probably try & sell these or something, several half sewn ones and about another 15 pairs of socks...In my defence, I argued I did sell some of these & I was trying to generate some income from them, at one point I looked into setting up a website to sell them.  See, I had good reason to spend any spare moment with socks & needle and thread in hand...

And then I came across my button collection....ah, I said maybe you have a point

1 comment:

  1. you are not alone, my crafty crud stash is nearly out of control, Ive had so many different fads for making stuff, Ive got buttons, beads, jewellery making stuff, card making stuff, needle felting stuff...etc LOve the idea of stashes of sock monkeys though! Brilliant ;)

    ReplyDelete