Saturday 12 January 2013

Reliving my youth

Later this afternoon me, Mr D & our offspring are going to visit some friends.  It's been ages even though they're only just over an hour away life just gets in the way.

I went to university with this couple (& so this year I have known them for 20 years- yikes).  Along with another couple from uni we formed a group of 6 who hung out a lot in our 20s & early 30s. My friend's brother once remarked that we were like Friends (albeit hanging out in the pub not a coffee shop).  

Good friends who know each other inside out.  I know that if I ever need them they would be there for me.  We have a whole wealth of shared experiences pre & post marriage & children, a short hand with each other.  We know where each other are coming from. We are comfortable and can take the piss out of each other (& have the piss taken) without offense being meant or taken.  

Anyway, tonight the 6 of us are getting together for the first time in forever, drinking, having dinner (probably very late as our hostess is the most fantastic cook but the worst time keeper) & having a laugh.  Tonight we will be transported back to a time where we were care & responsibility free.  

Tonight we will be young.

 

5 comments:

  1. OOH I love this happy nostalgic days...dear blogging friend...
    D J,
    Ps My 11 year old knew all the words to this song....off to itunes i go..
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I love it although the video is a bit like a photo ad x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I can't stop staring at his mouth. Yes is beautiful. I love a man in a dinner jacket

      Delete