Wednesday 11 April 2012

Why so quiet?

I must admit I have been a pretty terrible blogger recently.  Partly because I've been focusing on my creative writing & getting my 1st short story ready to be entered into a competition (Yikes.  And now I know they've definitely received it as my cheques been cashed so in 4 to 6 weeks I'll be receiving the critique back from them, double yikes).  Also my day job has kind of swamped me a bit.  Damn you crust earning.  
(Does that  just sound like excuses to you, it does to me) 


And possibly because I started following some more blogs & I think I became a little intimidated. Particularly as a couple I've started to follow by email & they seem to blog several times daily.  (When on earth do they get the time to do this??)  They are very well written & funny but when yet ANOTHER blog post from a pings into my in box I am beginning to feel like dear god, another one?! Think I began to worry that maybe I might illicit that response from someone else which made me stop for a moment and think about why do I blog...


Hmmn, good question....


I think I tend to do it when the mood takes me or I have something I really need to get out. The reason I started doing this in the first place was because I needed an outlet for something and so, having children & having little time or money for therapy I thought anonymous venting would be cheap therapy.    And so it has been, although it is becoming less & less anonymous since I have told a few people where to find me.


Maybe it's time to just shut up moaning & get on with it again....

No comments:

Post a Comment