Friday 18 November 2011

The Forbidden Fruit Tastes the Sweetest

Mr DOMADQ is out tonight & I am planning a quiet night in.  Wanting to avoid 'Children in Need' (a really really great cause but really don't think I'd be able to withstand the cringe factor of watching the cast from Eastenders singing a Queen medley), I have other plans.  There is an open bottle of wine in the fridge & a very good friend of mine has leant me the 2nd Twilight film, 'New Moon' and it will be all mine to watch once 2 x small girls are in bed.  A complete guilty pleasure.  

RPattz is very easy on the eye & although I am old enough to be his *cough* older sister, I may allow myself a swoon or two.

I have only read / watched the 1st film in the 'Saga' and despite being incredibly flawed I can see the appeal to young girls and middle aged women alike.  My sister surmised that girls yearn for what they are yet to experience and woman are yearning for what they will never have again, first love.

Tosh it may yet turn out to be, but I cannot wait. 

3 comments:

  1. oh we are so much alike... the twilight saga thingmes are one of my secret likes too...hope you had a lovely evening! Ive been scoffing chocolate and watching complete pants on the i-player! xx oh and Mr yummy Patz is rather dashing in the film Water for Elephants too! yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed it,more than the first one. I am trying to work out if I had lowered my expectations of the acting since watching Twilight or whether the fact that the very beautiful Mr P isn't in it that much (beautiful he may be but am not convinced by his acting). That aside I had a great evening & am now about half way through the book (I know I should have read the book first but last night was my window to watch it without snorts of derision from my husband. I might have to try & play catch up to try & catch the lastest film at the cinema...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know it makes sense! And if Harry from One Direction had the same chest definition as Jacob I could maybe understand the whole Caroline Flack affair...

    ReplyDelete