Monday 7 January 2013

Mysterious CD

Before Christmas I got a car.  The first ever car of my very own, a 12 year old Ford Focus which may be a little tired & the electric window may not currently be working on the driver's side (my husband swears it was working at time of purchase).  It also now sports a bit of a scuff to the bumper since a run in with a wall at my mum's house last week (but lets skirt over that shall we) Despite all those things I love love it.  I cannot believe it has taken until my 39th year for me to own a car. 

The glove box is now full of cds, because, oh yes it has a cd player (the current family car does not).  It also has speakers in the back  & so my children keep asking me to 'turn it down!'.  We travel everywhere with a soundtrack.  Florence + The Machine has featured heavily and last week I started to educate my girls with the early works of Madonna.

After we purchased my car I found a CD in the glove box labelled 'Housework CD'.  This made me smile, partly because I avoid housework like the plague and also it's a little bit of the previous owner has been passed on to me.

Today on the way home from work I stuck it in the cd player to have a little listen. I was a little excited if I must admit (I know I should get out more), just wondering what delights might be on it. 

Well it's a mixture, I thought.  The Bangles, Ronan Keating, Wings and ah, The Foundations, one of my favourite songs ever (although I was never entirely sure who sang it, until now)


and Blondie's Sunday Girl which will always have a little corner in my heart

But who was this woman who loves Blondie & Ronan Keating, Hot Chocolate & The Bangles.  I was day dreaming of a woman house proud but a bit put upon hence the inclusion of I Want to Break Free & I Will Survive....and then I realised it has written on it CD 1.  Perhaps she made a series of compilations for household chores?  Tunes to Change the Bed To, Ditties for Scrubbing the Bathroom?


But alas no, just a quick search on Amazon & I found this



not only that but there is a plethora of other housework music cds.  
Now my imaginary housewife isn't trying to express herself through a handpicked selection of tunes, no it was probably just a crap Mother's Day present.

Was thinking just now whether buying one of these CDs would make me more inclined to hoover? (actually I have hoovered, twice this week)...

Nah, not really.  I am off to buy that Foundations track now though.

No comments:

Post a Comment