Friday 25 November 2011

Starter for 10

Quiz night at the school tonight.  Am not expecting to win (my secret weapon - friend who was once on 'Eggheads' is unavailable) but it's a night out with friends so should be fun.  Mr DOMADQ is even coming too on a rare night out together - hoorah.

Reminds me that we met at a pub quiz when I was at university, being a friend of friends he was on our team.  Despite all his declaring 'I know this one, I know this one!' he knew none of the answers but was very endearing and flirty.  The only thing I won that night was a future husband but it was highly amusing skipping out of the bar with a new boy in tow.

Am not convinced that we'll be winning any prizes tonight but I do have a bottle of wine chilling to take with us (should I be concerned that so many of my posts involve wine?) and  fish & chips for dinner means no cooking tonight so for me it's a win win.  And I get to take my boy home with me again...

3 comments:

  1. You took a bottle of wine to a pub? I never knew pubs allowed you bring your own drinks. I hope it dulled the pain of your defeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I havent had any messages...what address did you send them to...am wondering if Ive set up the email address wrongly and put.com instead of .co.uk ?? Sorry!? Hope you had a good night at your quiz...I'm absolutely hopeless at general knowledge, my brain seems to be full of useless information Ive picked up randomly from Radio 4 over the years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quiz night hilarious. Wine was taken to school (I always feel a bit strange clinking onto the premises to get merry in front of my children's teachers). We came 7th out of 9 (but only 5 points between us & the team that won) - maybe if we HAD written Little Saint Nick down we might have been nearer rhe top...

    ReplyDelete